Resources Statistics and experimental design
- Festing, MFW et al, The Design of Animal Experiments; Reducing the
use of animals in research through better experimental design, Laboratory
Animal Handbooks no. 14, 2002, Laboratory Animals ltd, Royal Society
of Medicine Press Limited
- Freedman D, Pisani R, Purves R, 1997, Statistics, 3 rd edition, WW
Norton & Co.
- Oehlert GW, 2000, A First Course in Design
and Analysis of Experiments, WH
Freeman & Co
- Samuels ML, Witmer JA, 2003, Statistics
for the Life Sciences, 3 rd edition, Prentice Hall
- Course: Statistics for Laboratory Scientists (Biostatistics 140.615-616,
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg Sch. Pub. Health)
- Festing MFW, Reduction of animal use: experimental
design and quality of experiments, Laboratory Animals, 1994, vol.
28, page 212-221.
- Festing MFW, Variation and experimental
design, SCAW Newsletter, 1995, vol. 18(3), page 3-9.
- Festing MFW, Guidelines for the design and
statistical analysis of experiments in papers submitted to ATLA,
ATLA, 2001, vol. 29, page 427-446.
- Festing MFW, Lovell DP, Reducing the Use
of Laboratory Animals in Toxicological Research and testing by better
experimental Design, Journal of the Royal Statistic Society B, 58
(1), page 127-140
- Mann MD, Crouse DA, Prentice ED, Appropriate
animal numbers in biomedical research in light of animal welfare
Animal Science, 1991, vol.41 (1), page 6-14.